Help us grow by contributing to the Capital Campaign to build a new Church. Building On Our Faith Update as of July 7, 2014 the building fund totals are:
Welcome to St. James Catholic Church.
Belvidere was a mission church as far back as 1838 when a visiting priest of the Chicago diocese would offer Mass in a Catholic home. Belvidere continued as a mission church of Rockford until 1864 when Father Patrick McGuire became the first pastor and built the present rectory in 1872. The church cornerstone was laid in July 1886 and the completed church was formally dedicated on March 28, 1889 by Archbishop Patrick Feehan.
St. James has experienced tremendous growth since our humble beginnings. We have grown to 2200+ families and are now embarking on the path to build a new Church. May we continue to grow in the Lord's favor.
View our calendar. Click here.